Senior Partner & Country Head, Chennai
Parthasarathy heads the Intellectual Property Division of L&S. He is responsible for patent procurement, patent opposition and patent enforcement. In addition, Parthasarathy is actively involved in WTO trade remedy laws and customs valuation. He has represented a number of exporters, importers and domestic industry in anti-dumping, anti-subsidy and safeguard investigations in India, EU, Canada, Turkey, USA, Thailand and Korea.
Before entering private practice, Parthasarathy was with the Government of India and held various positions such as Accountant General, Director Railway Board and that of Director Ministry of Commerce (Anti-dumping). He had audited the accounts of UN Headquarters and had been a UNDP consultant.
- Law Degree from the University of Delhi
- Masters Degree in Business Administration from the University of Hull, U.K
- Degree in Physics from the University of Madras
- Fellow of the Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India
- Associate of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Patent Agent
- Advocate-on-Record Supreme Court of India (Gold Medalist)
- Customs and Service Tax
- WTO Trade remedy Laws
- IP laws with special emphasis on Patents