Senior Partner & Country Head, New Delhi
With over 30 years of experience, Vijaya Sampath has successfully led in-house legal teams in complex joint ventures, cross border acquisitions, PE investments, financing arrangements and international commercial arrangements, providing high-end litigation strategy as well as legal advice and counsel. In her last assignment, she was the general counsel and company secretary for the Bharti group, with oversight of over a hundred lawyers. As Company Secretary, she was responsible for the conduct of Board and shareholder meetings, legal, corporate and regulatory compliances and preserving the highest standards of transparency and governance.
Vijaya has experience of working as a partner with a well known national law firm as well as Head & Legal Counsel with other large Indian industrial groups as well as MNCs. She was also the Executive Director on the Board of Indian Aluminium Company. She received an honorable mention in the Business Today’s list of the most powerful women in business in 2011.
At L&S, Vijaya, as Senior Partner, heads the Corporate Practice, leading a team of attorneys with diverse experience in various fields. The Corporate practice team advises clients on M&A, joint ventures, FDI, private equity, financing and commercial agreements as well as undertakes dispute resolution in litigation and arbitration.
- Bachelor’s degree in English Literature from Madras University
- Law Degree (Rank Holder) from Mysore University
- Fellow of Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Attended Advanced Management Program at Harvard Business School and the Strategic Alliances Program at Wharton, USA
- Joint Ventures
- Commercial Agreements and Arrangements
- Private Equity
- Dispute Resolution( Litigation and Arbitration)