Raising funds is crucial at many stages in the life cycle of a company. Traditionally, the funds could be brought-in either by the promoters or could be raised by debt. However, with the bullish Indian stock market, more and more companies are raising funds by using the option of initial public offerings (IPOs).
As the Indian economy showed signs of recovery, we have witnessed many major IPOs. It seems the number of new entrants raising funds from the market will further increase as the economy rises further.
In the above background, it will be important to understand the nuances and implications of the various challenges including those posed by various tax and regulatory laws.
L&S is hosting a webinar to analyse various issues under the Goods and Services Tax (GST)
The webinar will inter alia cover the following:
- Input Tax Credit (ITC) on various IPO expenditures
- Recovery from Promoter in case of Offer for Sale (OFS)
- ITC on expenses attributable to promoter’s share in case of OFS
- RCM implication on amounts paid to MCA, SEBI, etc
- Corporate Guarantee given within group companies
- Many other relevant points to ponder in GST in case of IPO for fresh sale, OFS, right issues, bonus issues, preferential issues, etc
- Nupoor Agrawal – Partner, L&S
- Nirav Karia – Partner, L&S
- Chaitanya Bhatt – Partner L&S