Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19) is the biggest challenge human kind is facing currently. Last week, the Secretary General of the United Nations termed it as the biggest global health crisis in the 75 years’ history of the organisation.
Businesses throughout the world have been impacted by COVID-19 and are forced to undertake drastic measures. Travel and hospitality industries are amongst those sectors that have been affected the most.
Amongst other issues, companies are facing a lot of contractual and tax related issues in relation to their B2B and B2C transactions. Additionally, the pandemic is also impacting the day to day governance of companies and is resulting in various regulatory challenges for them.
Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan (L&S), in its endeavour to keep all its clients updated, is organizing a conference call to discuss ''Impact of COVID-19 on commercial arrangements in the travel and hospitality industries – Analysis of key contractual and tax related issues'.
The session will touch upon the following:
- COVID and its impact on businesses.
- Regulatory relaxations in view of COVID-19.
- Contractual Issues arising out of COVID-19 and the related taxation implications – Practical challenges and evolution.
- Consumer Issues and related implications.
- Need for alleviating governmental measures.
- Learnings for the future.
Mr. L. Badri Narayanan,Partner, L&S will be the key speaker in this conference call.